Subliminal White Trash

Welcome. This site contains a cross section of my writing including stories, comedy skits, poetry, dialogues and observational humour with a satirical edge. Feedback is much appreciated. Coming through people! Clear a path! My e-mail is kevincpearce@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

After graduating high school in 1995 with a significant amount of embarrassingly cliched emotional baggage, Kevin "Subliminal White Trash" Pearce made his way to Toronto in a perfectly understandable attempt to outrun his past. After encountering many similarly desperate and stubbornly eccentric people, Kevin found his way into the acting and spoken word scenes. With an amazing and almost inhuman effort, Kevin somehow negotiated through his self destructive tendencies on his way to finding some kind of second rate enlightenment in his strange little world of reckless, impulsive creativity. After spending three years in Toronto, Kevin decided to return to the suburbs in order to preserve his diminishing supply of mental health. Sometimes he even thinks it was the right decision.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

New Writing - An Ongoing Post

A Manifesto
Always exaggerate your accomplishments.
Learn new ways to finance your sex drive.
Run around screaming in your underwear.
Be a legend with empty words.
A dollar store magician.
Get off on mindless repetition.
Adopt a sewer rat disposition.
Shake a homeless person's hand.
Look all sexy in a dog collar.
Practice bondage to avoid a personal crisis.
You cool ass muffin stud kinda guy!
Tell your girlfriend to keep hitting on me.

Enjoy a heartless moment.
Find a new motive for your vacant messiah.
Experiment with deviant thought output.
Adapt or face an ugly extinction.
Master the art of progressive redundancy.
The news anchor is talking to you.
Cheat death or let death cheat you.
Don't get all funky with me yet.
Liquidate all mental assets.
Read carefully crafted trash.
Wonder why you're in a stranger's bed.
Play with your belly button until it hurts.
Solve the equation of your survival instinct.
Hold that thought and put it in concrete.
Don't use your ideas to train corporate executives.
Drop a rose down an outhouse toilet.
Have a panic attack and blame it on Jesus.
Recognize that gambling is also a solution.
Let everything fall apart just before the climax.

LEARN TO CHILL PEOPLE!!!
I chill so hard I shiver until I have a seizure.
I chill so hard I have icicles hanging from my armpits.
I chill so hard I wear ten layers and a winter jacket in the summer.
I chill so hard I make thermometers explode.
I chill so hard I make chillin seem boiling hot.
I chill so hard I turn the ocean into a skating rink.

I chill so hard I melt icebergs with my eyes.
I chill so hard I reverse global warming.
I chill so hard I have nuclear winter on the tip of my tongue.


LET ME SHOW YOU THE WAY.

Pack a suitcase and say hi to the messenger of confusing rhetoric.
I jumped through a mirror and found myself.
I am a fast food visionary.
I wear illusions like thrift store clothing.
I state the obvious so I can relate with most people.
My mind ejaculates when I see a clever billboard.
I give talks at amateur heartbreak conventions.
I use rotten foreskins to plug my ears around people who talk about their parasitic lawyers.
I train spies to check up on talented street preachers.
I once met a woman who couldn't decide whether to worship me or kill me.
It would make perfect sense if your God saw a psychiatrist or perhaps a dominatrix.
Pharmaceutical companies own the rights to my DNA.
The course on mating rituals will resume after your latest abortion.
You remind me of a mad scientist who only deals in violent orgasms.
I develop ridiculous procedures for plastic surgery addicts.
I wrote my master's thesis on the subliminal effects of elevator music.
I specialize in derangement of the senses. Now obey me and chew on some broken glass.
I once saw an expert violinist. It was torture.
If I pretend to like your TV shows will you shut your mouth?
I once had a dream that I watched a junkie chew his lips off while stabbing himself with dirty needles.
I always treasure the most absurd moment of my day.
to be continued...



A Confused Contemplation

Fear
Desire
Hope
Regret
A time unto itself
Holding steady
Being ready
Feel the moment like a skin
Let your imagination in
Does it have a glow
Or is the reasoning too slow
We're not getting wasted out of our minds
And giving others hard times
Do your bones and flesh mesh?
Can your brain adapt to pain?
More smiles than trials?
This is not who you are.
This is what you have to be
to survive in this place.
Your failures a constant mantra
humming in your head
Putting you at the front of the line
to eventually join the dead
You don't have the right answers
It's always the slaves who make the best dancers
You have to appreciate absurdity or you will lose focus
You are the person you have been warned about
Hardly an advertisement for life
Does it look cold in the heart when the brave run?
Your problem is you're not having any fun!


WHO?

What's new in a world that doesn't care about everything?
Who's nothing hoping for something?
Who's nothing getting nothing in return?
Who's nothing spending everything?
Who's everything caring about nothing?
Who's getting it higher up seeing everything?
Who's giving up a few things to spend on people?
Who's saying what counts?
Who's using it up?
Who plans for the future?
Who is trapped by the past?
Who wins at all costs?
Who loses everything?
Who dreams with innocence?
Who stays haunted?
Who is assimilated by society?
Who stands alone?


Automatic Deliberations

Obscene inconveniences mimic shamelessness.
Rehearsing Performance Art funerals.
Burning beyond a melting sunset.
Costly disposal of drugstore obsessions.
Dying hearts through meat addiction.
Undisciplined DNA copying.
Dream removal surgeries.
Vaccines for tempting fate.
Meaningless religious rhetoric consumption.
Expense account criminal uprising.
Inhuman levels of unimaginable chaos.
Imitating subliminal hypnosis forgeries.
Confused frenzies of mindless consumption.
Predatory sexual deviance equations.

Enhanced metabolism prolonging orgasms.
Mandatory chemical castration therapy.
"I was just following orders."
Ugly parades of indescribable martyrdom.
Cowardly theft of empty promises.




Seduction
Abandon your fantasies
and choke on my reality.
Deception offers you protection.
Suck back a little darkness.
Don't be seduced by the casual condemnations
of the common man.
A faded puzzle missing too many pieces.
Grasping at truth in a desolate landscape.
A simple, cliched product of a
confused, diseased culture.
Media scum will wipe that smile off your face.
My desires are selfish and greedy as well
but I am not ashamed by them.
Leave behind your dying intellect
although it is suitable for mass consumption.
Another empty burial ritual for all to see.
Leave me naked and vulnerable for another day.
Take my humble offering of complete surrender.
It's the best deal going.
Leave the rest of us in paralyzed silence.



Procedure
You have worshipped ugliness your whole life.
Ugly thoughts.
Ugly deeds.
Ugly sins.
Surrounded and condemned by ugliness.
Don't you want something beautiful?

error 
error
error
procedure dulls the senses
abort


5 short poems

Dreaming about the dead
Grief that never dies
In death all faults forgiven
Purity beyond truth and lies
Now just neverending praise
For those magical nights
Despite deeply troubled days
This ruthless fire in the dark
Has no problem leaving its mark

Brain going through labour pains.
Send help.
I always question my purpose.
Anticipating reoccuring minor tragedies.
A ghostly mist.
The movement of darkness.
The night licks my wounds clean.
I told you to leave quietly
and take your impenetrable ego with you.
Don't bother apologizing.
You always revert to your former self.
When you exit a room
you leave something rotten
in my emotional landscape.

Love is a way of asking
for help.
It's more dangerous
that way.


Sad World
In a sad world
What do you see?
In a sad world
Fantasy.
In a sad world
Who do you want to be?
In a sad world
Love is still free.
In a sad world
Progress begins with me.


Nothing Connects

Like many,
you have been hardened
by the thought
of an ugly death
Surrender to the disease
Join the herd
You always fall for the
prettiest girl at the funeral
when the lazy anarchy
of your intuition
fails you again.
I feel your pain
and leave plenty of space
for my own.



Destruction of the Predictable.
Observing from a safe distance.
Grasping at truth in a desolate landscape.
A product of a lazy, confused culture.
No need to protest the abundance of intellect paralysis.
You need consent just to breathe around here.
Media hysteria scum perpetuating a delusional concept of life.
Keep reproducing to destroy any possible progress.
Analyzing patterns of population control.
Worship at the alter of controlled extinction.
Take yourself off the grid. A confident vanishing act.
Nobody will forgive you for your twisted upbringing.
Flirting with heavy sedation to escape your plastic existence.
What has your conflicted ego really taught you?
Nothing but an empty burial ritual on display for all to see.
Finding peace on this matter is just beyond possible.
Seduced by the inevitable casual condemnation.
It's time to confess that you have no control over your destiny.




Time to Confess

Pregnant with uncertainty
No promise of safety
Slowly fall into ruin
Declarations of the merciless
Neediness clouds ambition
Slavery to emptiness gossip
Judge character not ancestry
Get back in line
You are spoiling the ceremony
Betrayed in a crowded room
No punishment for slander
Loud admiration follows
Desire overcomes need to sleep
Half dead eyes
Too many obstacles towards fate
Foolishly taunting eternity
Even failure has advantages
Now wait your turn




FLIRTING WITH OBLIVION

Mindless loitering down the path of least resistance.
Perpetual emancipation craving the latest pleasure principle.
Growing trends of censorship victimize donors of simple regret.
Political ambitions eulogize ethical practices.
Another selfish dreamer with conditional living debt unpaid.
A tragedy without a witness narrowly escapes the honesty of a noose.
Even a genius needs some kind of ritual.
Wrathful praise or victorious rhetoric?
Don't undersell your spontaneous urges.
Typical societal deviations moderate curious satirical condemnation of literary delusions.
I'm not denying you your right to satisfy those delusions however selfish, greedy and unreasonable.
Applause meter high when celebrating an escape from the ordinary.
Addicted to many forms of power both clever and obscure.
The heaviest burden would be desire approval.
"Do everything they won't expect."
Social perspectives obsessed with moral purpose analysis.

Enhanced execution techniques for tortured minds mastering all the destruction disciplines.
Preacher's messenger dead by media protector assassin.
There was no evidence.
"Congratulations on a flawless funeral."




ASSUME THE ROLE
Congratulations on playing it safe
for the popular vote.
Good luck restoring order.
Give me a useful argument.
Make it a bit dangerous.
Something a little less boring and cliched.
Be a worthy adversary not a dreamer.
Accept all judgment and criticism.
I couldn't give a shit about your moral sanctity.
I calmly reject all compromise
including your inflated opinion of the common man.
It's too easy to attack your moral influences.
Your virtue of style over substance.
Clinging to a worn out sanctum.
Still trying to make the truth look attractive?
Don't forget about the radicals and reactionaries.
Do they deserve atonement for their blasphemy?
In your eyes a tragedy best swept under the rug.
The air reeks of sweat and acceptable perversions.
A bit late for egotistical errors.
The Department of Censorship completes its cleansing.
The Propaganda Machine takes its prisoners.
Stealing innocent flesh on the expense account assembly line.
Any sympathy for those of us close to the gutter?
How long until the enemies computer systems will be fully armed?
What the hell just happened?
Will you be able to stomach the violence?
Or just bow out and return to the cheapseats?


DIFFICULT PERSPECTIVES

An impressive conviction to manipulate the ordinary into something with genuine grace while destroying order.
A sense of purpose hungry for honest confession and inspired innovation.
Success and failure so ridiculously close together it takes time to understand the difference.
Stop generalizing your opportunities and make a versatile and artistic statement.
The ludicrous rhythm of daily life, making beggars of overworked and malignant minds.
Simple instruction in the disposal of the mediocre.
Intellectual curiosity of the uncompromised and exaggerated view of self-importance.
I'd rather be a victim of eloquent envy rather than any kind of depth analysis.
The effortless escape from melodramatic societal pressures.
You are nothing more than a temporary thematic relationship to me.
A memorable formulation of social doctrines designed to ruin formulaic redundancy.
The full treatment precise yet becomes a perfectly absurd weakness somewhere in the translation.
The dynamics increase and diminish depending on those who want a profitable legacy or a lack of need for influence.




A Curious Rhetoric

Desire a useful means of intellect extortion.
Strategize your escape from common misery.
Admitting to your faults a means of sacred confession.
Manipulate your greatest fears.
No sense in needless suffering.
Forbidden truths won't survive the test anyway.
Pay the penalty on this reality project and visit impossible worlds.
A reckless devotion to the latest aphrodisiac.
Get out of your mind and into your libido.
An arbitrary decision on this matter could be dangerous.
At least try to make it look sexy.
Just make sure you respect the deadline.
Be obscure. Be a selfish dreamer.

Do anything to forget your greatest crime.
You had your chance to save someone.
You failed.
Now you're stuck in a crowded room with the unmistakable ambience of death.
Good luck with that.

The Need for Solitude

You are a constant invasion
of my privacy.
Envy by association.
I have no patience for
weak minded enthusiasm.
Their must be people in your life
that are easier to fool.
I don't have time.
I am consumed by
primitive literary purpose.
The heaviest burden my own
predatory judgments.
Let me have my illusions
even if they don't always 

advocate truth.
More of a precise deconstruction
of stereotypical moral influences.
You won't persuade me to
abandon my focus.
You won't collide with my
modest achievements.



WATCHING THE SIMPSON'S ON DRUGS AND SEVERELY SLEEP DEPRIVED.
Note: Written in 1998 but severely edited.
Boy slips in and out of dimensions.
Father acts with extreme prejudice.
Family appears to be on drugs.
Cops can't do their job.
Boy acts borderline psychotic.
Girl possibly psychotic.
Dad spreads his lies.
TV on. News anchor senile, possibly psychotic.
Boy's defense mechanisms eroding.
Boy a strange victim scapegoat.
Bartender possibly on drugs or psychotic.
Strange interlude.
Town comes together. Madness ensues.
Clown acts homicidal.
Boy's mind on trial.
Commercials feature cute, greedy psychotic kids.
Commercials for movie are surreal, violent and psychotic.
Preacher clearly psychotic.
Musical pieces of air.
Girl ponders relationship to the universe.
Girl attempts to destroy superego.
Boy finds loophole in his mind.
Man gently guides the hands of a reluctant victim.
Rampant paranoia.
God moves through the bowels of the mind.
Boy threatens tongue, other parts of anatomy.
Bartender possibly controlled by alien force.
Goddamn memory lapse.
Jesus narrates through plastic bubble.
Mother attempts to teach family values, fails.
Exploding haircuts.
Girl drowning in mediocrity.
Boy fades in and out of dimensions.
Boy manipulates logic.
Boy sleeps in graveyard.
Error.
Family clearly psychotic.
Existence barely tolerable.
Too much fear.
Neighbour threatens the universe.
Boy rides out of town on decrepit mule.
The End.

Curious Desire

Just relax
Translate your heart to me
Tell me what you need
Stop sabotaging your dreams
Your emotional anarchy is only sometimes useful
You are too good at keeping your intentions dressed in code
I want the walls to come down
Your world somehow excites me
It brings back remnants of childhood enthusiasm
Assimilate me into your confusion
Be free
Be honest with me
Be who you want to be
Just don’t overwhelm me
Sometimes I feel nothing


WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I FORCE MYSELF TO WRITE...

Where are all the goldfish?!? I am insane goddamnit! I'm tired of tuna! I want to fry up some goldfish! I want to terrify your children! I want a goddamn hot air balloon! I am living in a manufactured reality! I am the best judge of character in the universe! The skeleton's in my closet pile up at an unfortunate rate! How do I keep cheating death?!? I want to tattoo your face with the cover of People Magazine! I want to worship your psychiatrist! I have responsibility issues! I want to beat a corpse with a pillow! I want to eat a candle! I want to pretend to understand jazz and the environment! I want to shame you into admitting you're a shallow asshole! I want to burn your mortgage papers! I want to rob a bank with your dildo! I want to lick your whole body until I pass out from dehydration! I want to shave your head and eat your hair then drink a bottle of your expensive shampoo! I want to make a movie about your womb! I want to burn down your yoga studio! And then I will calmly find solace in the arms of a ten dollar hooker. Sigh. Where are all the goldfish?!?


A Sad Song
I'm a fat, drunk slob
with no wife and no job
I can't pry myself out of my chair
and I'm losing all my hair
I feel like I got left behind
My silent oblivion so unkind
Music helps me get through the day
but these fucking demons won't go away
The nights are long
and my will just isn't that strong
Trapped in memories of an aimless life
filled with missed opportunities and strife
Seems a bed empty of passion
never goes out of fashion
So to hell with this song
I ain't gonna last long
Everything I do turns out wrong
and there's nowhere I belong


A PAROLEE MEETS WITH A JOB COACH

“Tell me a bit about your crimes.”
“Well. I beat down eight cops but the ninth took me down. Still pissed off about that. Cracked three safes in one day. Only got caught for one. Keep that between us. Stole a few rigs. A few high speed chases. That’s always a blast. Robbed the Girl Guides. Love those cookies. Beat an old man down with his cane. I forget why. Pissed on a Crossing Guard. Assaulted a bunch of kindergarten kids. Uttering death threats to my Grandma. It made sense at the time. I could go on but my memory is fucked.”
“Ok. Do you have a drug or alcohol problem?”
“Wouldn’t consider it a problem. Love boozing. Any drugs. Weed, etc...”
“Do you use it for pain or recreational purposes?”
“I use it to get high as fuck. Nothing beats heroin though. If I had to say what I’m most passionate about in life it would be heroin. Followed closely by crack. Can’t get enough. Love that shit.”
“What kind of job are you looking for?”
“Something that will keep me out of jail.”
“What exactly does that mean?”
“Janitor? Back in jail. Factory work? Lock me up. I was thinking maybe an ice cream truck. Pretty sure that would keep me on the right side of the law.”
“Well that’s a very specific request. I will see what I can do. Don’t count on it though. We will meet in a week to talk more about this.”
“Ok. Just keep me out of jail. That’s all I ask. Don’t make me go rob a liquor store. That’s on my bucket list.”
“I see. I will do my best. I hope that’s good enough.”




TEXTING CONVERSATION - for all your LOL friends.
“Hey man, what you up to?”
“Leaving for groceries soon."
“LOL! I just got back from groceries!”
“Really. What you up to tonight?”
“Going to my dad’s for dinner then to my cousin’s to watch the game and pound some beers! Get all hammed up! LOL. You watching the game?”
“I’ve told you many times I hardly ever watch hockey.”
“Oh yeah! LOL. You rocking beers tonight?”
“No. You know I only drink on Friday.”
“LOL. I should have remembered that!”
“Yes. You should have.”
“We hanging out on Friday dude? Say yes. LOL”
“Yes. I thought we already covered this.”
“Just making sure dude! LOL. I think the Leafs could go all the way this year man! LOL”
“I really doubt that.”
“LOL! You gotta believe man!”
“I believe in realism. Not hype.”
“LOL! You gotta support the team man!”
“No I don’t actually. If I did I’d be consistently disappointed.”
“LOL! I guess you’re not a hockey fan then.”
“Not really. I prefer football.”
“LOL! All those dudes take steroids man!”
“I don’t care. It’s fun to watch the playoffs.”
“LOL! Yeah. I guess. I can’t get into it. LOL.”
“Whatever. I’m not asking you too.”
“LOL! Good call man! How’s the writing going?”
“Pretty well. I’ve been inspired a lot lately.”
“LOL! That’s awesome! I love your writing! That’s some deep shit! LOL”
“Thanks. Listen. You’ve texted me LOL well over a dozen times. If you were really laughing out loud you would have had a fucking stroke by now. Nothing I’m saying is funny. It’s getting way out of control. Do something about it.”
“C’mon man! LOL. It’s all jokes dude!”
“No it’s not. I’m trying to have a serious conversation.”
“You gotta lighten up man. LOL.”
“No I don’t. You have to upgrade your vocabulary. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Do you get it yet? It doesn't mean anything.”
“Hilarious dude! Can’t wait to hang out! Pound some beers! LOL:”
“Ok. I gotta get groceries. Talk Friday. Ease up on the LOL.”
“Yeah, man. Maybe I should! LOL”
“Ok. Enough. Goodbye.”
“Don’t forget to eat healthy. My mom says that LOL.”
“Ok. Fuck off.”




THE ARGUMENT
"Are you out of your mind?"
"Often. Yes."
"What? Are you stupid or something?"
"Sometimes I make stupid decisions."
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm answering your questions."
"No. You're being an IDIOT."
"Some people might say that. I disagree."
"What are you some kind of joker?"
"No. I have a very bleak, obscure sense of humour. Most people don't like it."
"I don't like you."
"I can accept that. Sometimes I don't like myself."
"I should smack the shit out of you."
"Why? I'm answering your questions."
"You're being an ASSHOLE."
"Not my intention. Just trying to be honest."
"Where the hell do you get off talking to me like that?"
"I usually get off in my room. Alone."
"You are one step away from a beating."
"Please don't hit me. I'm fragile."
"Shut up. Get the hell away from me."
"Gladly. Have a nice day sir."
"Go to hell you wiseass punk."
"I'm leaving as fast as I can."

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil McCauley said...

Rest easy, brother. See you on the other side.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Neil McCauley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Neil McCauley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home